Thursday, December 19, 2002

PRE-MARITAL COUNSELING PART II
Another thing we discussed during our last session of counseling with Pastor Clive was family dynamics and dealing with your in-laws. As it is, I think both Karena and I have, in one way or another, had to deal with differences in opinion from our families. And that's been difficult at times, especially when trying to find a house and plan such a large wedding.
But we learned that by discussing our problems and concerns and going back to our families as a united front (aka "this is our decision"), that the "guilt trip" will not work on us. Plus, there will be many times when I will inevitably have to say "no" to some family gatherings to be with Karena or her family.
It's weird because I've always known that a wedding may be difficult to plan, but building a marriage is much more difficult. But now that I'm at that point in my life, I find myself so surprised just how much work it requires to build a strong, happy marriage. That just makes me respect married people all the more.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]