Thursday, December 05, 2002

LAKERS OR FLAKERS?
I've waited to share my two cents about our three-time World Champion Lakers because I seem to always get myself into trouble when I talk about them. But after another loss last night (this time to the hated Utah Jazz), I can't keep quiet anymore.
Here are the facts: The Lakers record now stands at 7-13 and are in LAST place in the West's Pacific Division (read: even the Clippers have a better winning percentage). They are about a quarter way into the season with both Shaq and Kobe in the lineup, and they still aren't winning or looking anything like champions.
Here are my thoughts: Although I can't stand to see them lose, I'm only minimally worried. This is probably just what the doctor ordered. For the last two seasons, I think the Lakers have gotten cocky. They've relied too much on their talent, and not enough on working together as a team. Plus, it looks like they think their opponents will just give up once they see they're playing the Lakers. Whatever the case may be, all these loses will eventually serve as the much-needed wake-up call they've needed for so long now. All they have to do is make the playoffs. Then, we'll watch the Lakers finally turn it on and make another strong run at the championship.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]