Sunday, December 15, 2002

GOING FROM PARTY TO PARTY
I guess yesterday was a popular day for Christmas parties because Karena and I had three of them scheduled between the two of us and tried to make it to all three. Well, we did alright for ourselves making it to two. But we were extremely exhausted (and our stomaches extrememly full) after it was all said and done.
Here are some quick highlights:
(1) At her boss' party, we were all given a bell to wear around our necks and not allowed to say the word "Christmas," lest we get our bell taken away. The person with the most bells ends up getting the most presents at the end of the evening. Needless to say, I lost mine in the first 30 seconds. I was embarassed, Karena was mortified, but we all had a good time.
(2) Her boss also hired 4 Christmas carolers who came dressed in typical "A Christmas Carol" attire. We ended up cruising up and down the block singing Christmas carols to the neighbors along with them. At first I thought it was pretty cheesy, but after seeing them hugging their neighbors, I thought it was a good example of "Peace on Earth, Goodwill towards men."
(3) After chowing down on some good appetizers at the first party, we proceeded to the second party and ate some delicious Greek food and even more desserts including baklava. This party was thrown by one of the nurses I work with in the hospital. He, along with the other nurses, are so generous and loving people that I'm amazed everytime. Oh yeah, and I did end up having two drinks with virtually no alcohol in them whatsoever, and still ended up completely red-faced.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]