Tuesday, December 31, 2002

DECEMBER 31
One fond memory of something I used to do every December 31 as a kid was to remember what song I listened to last for that year and first for the next year. For example, in 1989, the last song I heard was Debbie Gibson's "Lost in Your Eyes" and the first song of 1990 was Paul Abdul's "Straight Up." Why I still remember that, I have no clue. But somehow I do. Maybe it's because Michael was there and we spent that whole night shooting pool.
In 1998, I had long stopped doing the whole "last song" thing, but I remember what the last movie I saw was: Men In Black. We had a big get-together at my house and were all watching Men In Black when someone suddenly turned it off so we could watch Dick Clark count down the last 25 seconds or so. And as as soon as that darn ball dropped, we switched it back to the movie and nobody said anything. How anti-climatic!
One last Dec. 31 memory was in 1991 when I was in bed by 8:45 so that I could be at school (Schurr High) by 3:30 to get ready to march in the Rose Parade. It was definitely a once-in-a-lifetime experience, but I hated having to go to bed so early and leave the party behind.
What song or movie or memory will be cemented in my mind this year?
Probably having Karena by my side. (It's cheesy, I know).
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]