Monday, December 02, 2002

THE BREAD AND THE CUP
One thing that I always do on Communion Sunday is look at both the bread wafer and the cup of grape juice very closely. If you haven't noticed, the bread wafers they serve at CEFC all have a cross in them. No, it doesn't really resemble the Cross, but it does remind me of it. That just reminds me of what my life has cost and how He was broken for us. That's very comforting to me because when I feel broken, I know that He is right there with me because He's been broken too. And if He is the only One who can die on the Cross and rise from the dead, I know that only He can put me back together again.
As for the cup, the thing I always do is look at the reflection of the lights from within the grape juice. It makes all the lights look like little bright pellets in the juice. That just reminds me of how Christ's cleansing blood can purify us so much that we are like bright little lights in a dark world. And let me tell you, so many times, I am in desperate need of that purification. That's why I take that time so seriously. I need to humbly come before God and confess all my sins so that I can be worthy of taking the bread and the cup. And then, I feel ready to enter the world and be one of those pellets of light.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]