Saturday, November 02, 2002

SPEAKING IN EMMANUEL PART II
It's really hard to know what to say after you give a talk and people ask, "So, how did it go?" Do you want the honest truth? I think it went about as well as it could have gone, being that I'm not the greatest speaker in the world and I really struggled with the topic of True Fellowship. See, they had already done two or three weeks of Bible Studies on the passages of 1John 1-2 before my talk, so I wasn't talking about content, but more on personal experiences and application.
It was like nothing I had ever done before. But I felt like this "talk" was less about me talking and more about them responding to God's word.
Hopefully, I was able to facilitate an environment like that. The highlights for me were when they spent some alone time with God praying and confessing sins and then singing "Give Us Clean Hands" and then using their own words to the music to praise God wholeheartedly. Another highlight was having them break off into two (a la Michael Cham in Koinonia a while back) so they could do some serious talking, sharing, and praying with each other.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]