Monday, November 25, 2002

RANDOM THOUGHTS ON CHINA
I'm really not quite sure how to compress 2 weeks worth of stories into a few blogs. And I'm still not feeling 100% yet, but here are some random thoughts:
1. I got air sick for the first time ever yesterday into an air sickness bag that you had to tear before opening. Now, how stupid is that? And once I got it opened, I found out the other side had a hole in it. Good thing I made it to the airplane bathroom in time, but still had to clean the sink afterward. So gross!
2. Karena, her aunt Eva, my dad, and I made it to the top of the Great Wall (888 km above sea level). And you know who had the hardest time with it? No, not my dad or Eva ... or even Karena. I was the one always asking to take a break 'cause I was huffing and puffing.
3. You'd be surprised how for $1 goes in China. You could practically buy any little knick-knack or trinket for one dollar (or two for a dollar ... or three for a dollar).
4. Overall, the hotels there were pretty nice. But we took a cruise down the Yangtze river to see the 3 Gorges and let me tell you, their idea of luxury cruise liner is nowhere near what our idea is! The bathroom was the size of the inside of my car and everything was positioned so that theoretically you could be sitting on the toilet while brushing your teeth over the sink and washing your feet in the shower! Trust me, I tried. Oh yeah, and the shower had no partition so when you showered, the whole floor would be all wet for the next 8-10 hours.
5. I got sick for about half the trip. But then so did everybody else ... except Karena. She was the only healthy one!
6. I got two massages -- one for only $4. It's amazing how hard-working people in China are just to get a few bucks.
7. Overall, the experience was good, the company was great, the food was average, and some of the sights were amazing. But still, I'm glad to be back home.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]