Saturday, November 09, 2002

QUICK THOUGHTS
1. Thanks to everyone who has been checking out this site and signing my guestbook lately. The comments have been funny, thought-provoking, and stimulating. Special props go out to Judy and Julie for their comments on Eminem.
2. I'm feeling much better (at about 90%) today. Thanks for your prayers and your phone calls (Jason).
3. Funniest thing Karena and I have done in preparation for China: We had to discuss in detail what TV shows we would each record to maximize our tapes. After all is said and done, I think we'll both have two TVs recording shows over the two weeks we're gone and we'll come back to FOUR FULLtapes to watch. Yikes!
4. Most unbelieveable thing Karena and I have done in preparation for China: We went to Costco to buy a camcorder. We finally decided on one after also going to Best Buy and Circuit City to compare prices. We settled on the Costco one and I paid for it while the guys went to the back to get it. Then, they realized they only had the display model left and would have to re-credit my credit card and sell it to me again since we were getting a discount now. Confused? But wait, there's more. Then, they couldn't find the right key to unlock the display model so they had to re-credit my credit card again and ask us to come back again the next day.
5. It was my co-workers last day of work on Friday and we had a huge party for her ... with so many people in attendance that she was blown away and couldn't stop crying. Although I was happy to see all those people show up, I kept thinking, "Wouldn't it be great if we could show this kind of love and support to each other all the time, not just when people are leaving?"
6. Two quick CEFC things: I am seriously bummed to be missing Pastor Clive's farewell at church. And two, the English Ministerial Committee works very hard for the English congregation. I know most of you don't even know what the EMC is, but I'm here to tell you: we all have people like Pastor Clive, Jesse, Rebekah, Halbert, Dr. Lee, Henry, Mei-Lin, Jimmy, Eunice, Marvin, and Pastor Lam to thank. Good job, guys!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]