Friday, November 29, 2002

AFTER THANKSGIVING SALES
In the last few years, I've become notorious for going to the Friday after-Thanksgiving early morning sales. It's a pretty interesting event because most everyone should be overly-sleepy after ingesting so much food (and turkey) the night before, but you'd be surprised how energized people become just to get a good deal. In years past, I've gone traditional department store shopping, but this year, I headed to Best Buy. I know Jason goes every year and comes back with all kinds of good stuff for dirt cheap (as witnessed by his $10 scanner one year).
Anyway, I had to work today so I knew I had to get up early to go to Best Buy. But to my suprise, as I strolled into the Best Buy parking lot at 6:40 am, the lot was full! And people were coming out with computers, TVs, DVD players, CDs, everything. It was ridiculous. Plus, there were about 10 cars circling the parking lot just waiting to take the next available space. When I finally got in there, the place was an absolute madhouse! There were people everywhere! I felt like I was back in my UCLA days where I was but one person lost in a sea of 35,000 other people. I tried to make my way to buy some CD-R and to buy Monsters, Inc for my sister's birthday (By the way, happy birthday Sandra!), but I barely made it to pick up those items. Unfortunately, I didn't have time like I had hoped to check out some other things because it was getting later and later and I had to be at work. And I knew I still had to wait in this huge line just to pay for the stuff.
But everything worked out well because I made it to work on time and still managed to get some good deals.
Now, if I could only take a nap while working ...
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]