Monday, October 14, 2002

SUNDAY'S LOG
7:55am Ran out to get the newspaper from the driveway. The L.A. Times had come out with a totally new look that resembled the N.Y. Times. I guess they're trying to take another step up in the world.
8:20am Talked to my parents at length about the pros and cons of buying a house now or waiting for the housing market prices to drop. Also, discussed whether buying a bigger house now or later would be more beneficial. No conclusion is made.
10:20am Stroll into the back part of church to pray for the service and other prayer requests from members of our church, state, country, and world. I am overcome with a sense of passion for God as Pastor Clive delivers a great sermon on Romans 12, Koinonia's theme verses. The gist: Before we can be missions-minded and evangelize, we have to be transformed ourselves as a reasonable act of worship to God.
1:04pm I am feeling exhaused after Sunday school, but realize that I still have a very difficult EMC meeting to attend. And all I really want to do is flip on the Angels game and take a nice nap with the sounds of bats hitting balls in the background.
1:22pm I stroll into the EMC meeting and endure arguably the toughest meeting ever. I am so overcome with various emotions that I only say about six words during the near three hour meeting. I can't even muster the words to pray for Pastor Clive. Victor Shen speechless? Sad, but true.
4:24pm Arrive with Karena at Garfield Park in South Pasadena to celebrate Larry's birthday. Water guns are being shot off in every directions, all kinds of delicious Costco food is on the table. What is a down-trodden guy to do in this situation but pig out? And so I did.
5:08pm The mood lightens up as I get a call from Jason with "An ESPN update" telling me the Angels are winning 13-5. The people at Larry's birthday party erupt to the news. I call Mike, but nobody picks up. "Must be celebrating," I figure. I am again overcome with emotion -- but this time with excitement.
7:15pm Raymond calls and we talk about the housing market and ideas for a good skit for both Sandra's wedding and mine. I hand the phone to everybody (my parents, my aunt, Jonathan) and the conversation goes on for a while.
8:05 pm Allison calls and I get to speak with her for the first time since she left for UC Davis. She sounds pretty happy there and seems to be getting her school stuff done while having a good social life. Finding the perfect balance is hard, but essential to having a good college career.
8:47pm Leave to Rite-Aid to buy ice cream and hot fundge to bring to Karena's so we can watch Alias (she loves that Jennifer Garner and Michael Vartan)_and last week's ER (which we had on tape). I proceed to fall asleep in front of the TV.
11:58pm Karena wakes me up so I can drive home.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]