Monday, October 28, 2002

SEVENTH HEAVEN
It's a very cliche title, I know. But how sweet this is!!! Congratulations to the 2002 World Series champion Anaheim Angels! (That definitely has a nice ring to it!)
I have to admit that I felt good about Game 7 because as Karena and I were driving down to Laguna Beach to meet her family at their time share, we drove by Edison Field. And we did that just as they were done singing the national anthem and we saw the fireworks and the F-14 fly-over. It was such a great sight to see as we were driving, with the radio blasting, that I knew we were in for something good. "The next time I see you, Edison, we'll be celelbrating a championship and you'll be the Home of the Champs," I said as I looked back one last time at the stadium.
I ended up watching the game with Karena's family, including her huge-Giant-fan father. So, I knew I had to keep my cheering, jumping up and down, and screaming to a minimum. So that's why I had to be so restrained while talking to Michael, Jason, my cousin Allison and others. But don't get me wrong, I was EXCITED! In fact, as soon as Karena and I left to drive back home, I started jumping up and down, pumping my fist.
As we drove back past Edison again, the Saturn blimp was stillf flying around, about 8 helicopters were circling. But I tell you, there was not a more beautiful sight than seeing Edison all lit up as the Home of the Champs.
Congrats again to our team and our city, indeed, the City of Angels.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]