Monday, October 07, 2002

RUNNING
This has been a long time coming. Yesterday afternoon, the guys got together to play some softball at Barnes Park. There was a great turnout. And even though things started out a little rough, I was really happy to see a bunch of guys hang out. Even guys we don't get to see too often like Dennis and Ko showed up.
But I have to admit that the best part for me personally was getting some solid contact on the ball and making a run to first base. Yup, you heard me right: I was running to first. Now granted, it probably looked more like hobbling and I called for an immediate pinch runner once I hit the base, but it felt good to me anyway.
That is by far the thing I miss most after my knee surgery back in March. So those of you young'ns who can run, don't take it for granted!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]