Sunday, October 27, 2002

RELIVING GAME 6
Wow, what a comeback! Here is a recap of how Game 6 played out for me last night:
I had been sitting there for nearly seven innings in total disgust. The Angels were playing the worst baseball I have seen them play since they started the season 6-14. I was so frustrated, I threw my hands up in the air and said, "The Angels don't deserve to win this. Just look at the way they're playing! I hpe they have the champagne ready in the Giants locker room!" And with that, I walked away from the TV and into my car to head to church for Missions Conference.
As I was parking my car, I heard Scott Spiezio's amazing three-run homer. And with that, I said to myself, "Man, I'm going to church!" I didn't want to jinx anything or alter my life just because the Angels were suddenly back in the game. Besides, knowing God, being missions-minded, and going to church are WAY, WAY, WAY more important than who wins anyway.
But still, I have to admit that it was difficult to concentrate at times, especially since the speaker kept bring up the fact that we were there despite the game going on.
Afterwards, Jason and I could not be more excited as Jesse came in to tell us that the Angels had prevailed. Jason was jumping all around the foyer and I threw my hands up in the air.
And now, we do it all again tonight for Game 7.
I can't wait.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]