Thursday, October 31, 2002

POTLUCK
In honor of Halloween, we have an "orange and black" potluck at work every year. And personally, I think it is the dumbest, stupidest, most difficult potluck ever. Basically, everything you bring has to be orange or black or something close to that.
Last year, I spent a long time thinking about what to bring and finally settled on something I was pretty happy with: grass jelly. You know the stuff, right? It's that Chinese jello type stuff that you can eat with shaved ice or alone. Anyway, there's the black kind that isn't so much sweet and the yellow kind that is much sweeter. Personally, I like the yellow kind because it's sweeter. But my co-workers hated the whole thing and nobody ate any.
So this year, I wanted to try something different. So, there I was, walking all around Vons looking for something orange and black, but I didn't find a darn thing. So, I opted for just the thing I always bring -- turkey and vegetables ... with the vegetables being carrots since they're orange.
But again, nobody ate any. Forget it. I hate this orange and black potluck. Next time, I'm just going to buy cookies.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]