Monday, October 21, 2002

FEELING DOWN
I really wasn't sure what is was. But it's been happening for the last two months or so. I'm all excited as I get ready for Sunday morning worship at CEFC. But once I get there and sit down, I start to feel down or even a little depressed. What is going on? I've been asking myself that same question with few answers.
Could it be that my heart is hurting over the state of non-Christians everywhere?
Could it be that church politics at CEFC has stunted and affected my spiritual passion for God?
Could it be all about the whole Pastor Clive situation?
All are possibilities that I've explored. But none of those are the true answer. I just didn't realize it ... until yesterday.
As I sat there, the feeling started to come over me again. But this time, I was reminded that church was a place where the broken, the down-trodden, the sick, the poor could come to worship God and be renewed. And that was me. After trying to put on "the face" to please everyone and get the job done, I could finally just come into His presence and worship as my true self -- all messed up, broken, hurting, etc.
And that just makes me worship God all the more because He takes us all, just as we are, and transforms us into some good -- no, something better.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]