Saturday, September 28, 2002

PROMISE KEEPERS AT THE FORUM
There is no greater feeling than walking into a sports venue and looking out on the field or court and just taking it all in. I had a very similar feeling last night as I stepped into the Great Western Forum for Promise Keepers. The retired Laker and King jerseys, as well as all those Lakers championship banners, still hung on the wall with pride. As I walked down the steps onto the floor to find my seat, I could hear Chick Hearn calling a game from the '80s Showtime Lakers era: " Magic yo-yoing up and down, pass to Worthy, into Kareem, swing left, shoot right. It's GOOOOOD!!!" (Man, I miss Chick).
But once the conference got started, it was really easy to focus on God because the music and the speakers were awesome! I have heard it been said that Promise Keepers turns men into overly-sensitive, weak individuals. Well, apparently, those people have never heard or seen the power of 15,000 men in prayer, shouting out Amens! and Hallelujahs! And when I saw about 5,000 people dedicate or re-dedicate their lives to Christ, I felt strength and power that I have never felt before. So much for becoming weak!
The Great Western Forum used to be The Home of the Champions.
Turns out, it still is.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]