Sunday, September 15, 2002

NIGHT GIVES WAY TO DAY
Shakespeare and other writers and poets always talked about how the carefree joys of nightime always come to an end and daytime always brings the return of the worries and responsibilities of daily life. Back when I was in high school, I only understood that to a degree. But after the last few night, I understand it all too well.
Friday nigth was spent in Koinonia meeting in our new small groups for the first time. Things went very smoothly as Janet lead us in a great Bible study about the ingredients needed to have true fellowship (aka koinonia). Afterward, Karena and I spent time with my parents and my sister and her fiance (only one "e", right?). But Saturday morning brought the news that my grandmother had another episode of confusion and had fallen and was again bed-ridden. She may have fractured something, but we are wary to take her to the hospital because nobody has time. How messed up is that?
Saturday night was spent at BJ's in Brea to have all you can eat salad, pizza, and soda while celebrating Reuel's birthday. Afterward, we went to Reuel's to hang out and had a great time. But Sunday morning brought the hussle and bussle rush of Sandra and Gabe trying to quickly pack up to catch their flight, loads of laundry to be done, food to be prepared, and a lecture from my mom about helping the family out more in the midst of my grandmother's condition. And I struggle because I'm also in the process of house hunting, planning our wedding, lead Koinonia fellowship, build up a career, working out to look better before April, develop deeper friendships ...
It's too bad I couldn't just go back to sleep.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]