Sunday, September 01, 2002

MY THOUGHTS ON ...
I have decided to begin a segment entitled "My Thoughts On ..." (obviously) that will appear occasionally. In it, I will share my viewpoints on many random topics, and I do stress the word random. Here's the inaugural entry:
1. A possible war on Iraq
I'm never a fan of war, but it seems like Saddam Hussein needs to be taken out before he rebuilds (and reloads) again. Of course, a part of me wonders just how bad he actually is since I know we all fall victim to some heavy propaganda in America. We really should have just finished the job when we were there 10 years ago.
2. The stock market
Even though I'm in need of some major money to help pay for the wedding and a possible house, I'm still young and could theoretically "gamble" in the stock market a bit. The key to investing in today's volatile market? Anything related to consumer spending such as Wal-Mart. Consumer spending is still high!! That, and don't put all your eggs in one basket: Diversify!!!
3. Baseball: And the game goes on
Obviously, I'm ecstatic that the season will be completed without interruption. The Dodgers and Angels will get a chance at the playoffs, Barry Bonds will get more time to hit more homers, the A's will try for 20 in a row ... But a part of me still feels like I can't forgive and forget what the players and owners nearly did to fans again just 8 short years after cancelling the playoffs and World Series.
4. Untoasted Pop-Tarts
It KILLS me when people eat Pop-Tarts straight outta the wrapper without toasting them. Pop-Tarts are meant to be toasted and eaten just after it pops up from the toaster (hence the name). Besides, the taste of an untoasted Pop-Tart is GROSS, GROSS, and GROSS.
5. Summertime TV
It's no wonder that teachers used to always tell me that our brains have "gone to mush" over the summer. Just look at the programming we put on TV during the summertime: Dog Eat Dog, Big Brother, Spy TV, Meet My Folks, and even American Idol are all lacking in anything intelligent to say. But I have to admit that I have been watching the last few weeks of American Idol (go Kelly!!!).
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]