Thursday, September 05, 2002

MY THOUGHTS ON ...
1. The movie "Signs"
That movie definitely had some scenes that freaked me out! But I loved it plot and its simple, but strong message about faith. I did think the ending was a little disappointing, but not bad. But hey, at least Mel Gibson didn't find out at the end of the movie that he had been dead all along (a la most of M. Night Shamalyan's movies)!
2. California gubernatorial candidate Bill Simon
The Republicans had such a great chance to steal back this position back from the Democrats since everyone is so unhappy with the job Gray Davis had done. But Simon has been screwing it up so badly that he can't even get President Bush to fully back him. It looks like Gray Davis is going to get re-elected because he's the lesser of two evils. But on a lighter note, why are they considered "gubernatorial" candidates and not "governatorial" candidates? I've always wondered that.
3. Eating frozen vegetables
I think I mentioned previously that I'm really afraid of knives. Everytime I try to chop vegetables, I envision myself cutting a finger off or giving myself such a bad cut that blood gushes everywhere. So, one way to counteract that is to buy frozen vegetables. And I hear that they are just as or even more nutricious than fresh vegetables (although that doesn't fully make sense to me). Frozen veggies are pre-cut, pre-washed, and if you ever have knee surgery, they work great as ice packs!
4. Cell phones
I think cell phones are obviously extremely handy and convenient, but there are also many negatives. These include an increase in bad driving and car accidents, increased radiation to your head, and an increase in disruptions at church, work, etc. Just yesterday, the USC student who is following me at work had his cell phone go off while treating a patient. (But hey, he's from USC so what do you expect?) Anyway, I say cell phones be used in moderation only. If you don't have a hands-free headset, don't talk while driving. And turn those darn things off or to Silent when at church or work.
5. Lotion
It's true that most guys don't moisturize. Consequently, they end up with dry hands, lips, and basically all over. I used to think that using lotion was girly so I never did it. Then, I had a phase where I moisturized all the time and let me tell you, my hands never felt better and my lips never felt softer! But now, I think I'm going back to the days where I don't moisturize. But it's not because I think it's girly anymore. I'm just lazy. How do girls do it all the time?
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]