Saturday, September 14, 2002

MY DRIVING HISTORY
While speeding to church last night, I got really mad when a car that was driving even fast than me cut me off just to get to the stop sign before me. He did a "California roll" and sped off. I dealt with my anger with a "holier than thou" and made a full stop at the stop sign to prove to myself that I am the better driver and could still get to my destination quickly while abiding by all traffic laws. But as soon as I passed the intersection, a cop sped up behind me. I got really nervous, but he actually was going after the guy in front of me who had made the rolling stop. Whew!!! But that got me thinking about the other times I've been pulled over. Here's a recap for your reading pleasure:
#1: No Turn on Red. Age: 16 I had only been driving for about 3 months and was in an unfamiliar area. I didn't see the sign until after I was pretty much done with my turn. I had heard that crying could get you out of tickets so I tried it while talking to the cop, but the tears didn't come. Well, they didn't come until after the cop had already issued the ticket and left.
#2: Following Too Closely I wasn't supposed to leave the house, but my friend was starving and had no car so I thought I'd do the nice gesture and buy her some food. But as I hurried home, I found myself behind a very slow driver while driving down a hill. He had been hiding behind some trees and I was a dead duck. How is it that I get a ticket after doing such a nice thing!?!
#3: Speeding. After many years of not letting me help him drive up north, my dad finally agreed to let me drive a stretch. And this was huge news for me because the entire family was in the car (grandparents included) for Raymond's graduation. But after driving for only 20 minutes, a cop pulled me over for doing 91mph. I didn't get to help drive up north again for another 3 years.
#4: Speeding I realized a little late that it was time for me to exit the freeway, so I sped up to change lanes and make it to the offramp in time. A cop came out of nowhere and got me for doing 80mph. I tried to tell him it was just so I could make it to the offramp in time (not totally true) but he didn't buy it.

Man, that's a lot of tickets ... and a lot of time in traffic school!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]