Sunday, September 29, 2002

LETTER TO KARENA
The following is an open letter to Karena that I am letting you all read. Why? I want you all to help keep me accountable in this area. Thanks.

Dear Karena,
We may still be seven months away from getting married, but I wanted to tell you this right now. I want to make a promise and a commitment to you: I will love you, cherish you, and honor you. Now, I know most everyone says that to their significant other at some point in their lives, making those words not quiet so special. But I truly do mean them. And I've invited all these people to share into this letter and into our relationship so they can make sure I don't ever lose sight of loving, cherishing, and honoring you throughout my life. See, it's not just a wedding that we're planning for. I'm planning for a marriage -- something that will last a lifetime.
Karena, I want to love you the way Christ loved the church. And in order to do that, I have to know Christ intimately and have a solid, firm relationship with Him. So, I'm trying to cement my spiritual life and walk more closely with Him. That way, I will learn so much about Christ and follow Him so closely that I will begin to resemble Him. Only then, will I truly be able to love you the way He loved the church. That is my sincere hope and prayer for me and for us.
I can't wait to go through this process. And I can't wait until I have the honor and privilege of being called your husband.
Love,
Victor

Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]