Sunday, September 08, 2002

FEELIN' A PART OF THE FAMILY
I know I've mentioned this thought already, but it just keeps bowling me over how gracious the Lee family has been to me. I think there's always a little anxiety involved when someone realizes he's about to join a whole other family. How will her parents view me? And what about her aunts, uncles, cousins ...?
But after having dinner with some of Karena's extended family at her aunt's house last night, I'm feeling more and more comfortable about it. I felt right at home taking a second helping of ribs. I felt comfortable sitting on their couch and looking through old photo albums (including pictures of Karena and her sister Rani when they were about 7 and 5, respectively). Even though I was exhausted and had a stomach ache, I had a great time.
And her aunt and uncle are amazing people! Together, they have traveled to all parts of the world, done all kinds of fun things (scuba diving, skiing, running marathons, hiking, climbing mountains, etc.) as well as decorate their beautiful home and garden it. While looking through their pictures, I just took a moment to sit back, look around the room, and think about how I would like to build our marriage and live our lives. I would love to have a strong, committed relationship that is centered on Christ. I would have fun living in a house we can call our home. And it would be great if we could do crazy/fun things to enjoy life and each other's company.
Just like her aunt and uncle had ... and still do.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]