Sunday, August 04, 2002

TIM AND AMY'S WEDDING
I have to admit that I came into their wedding with a little bit of attitude. Don't get me wrong, I was ecstatic to see them getting married. But I was very disappointed in the implementation of set up and clean up for their reception and banquet. But, I have to say that after putting in all that work, it was all worth it. Why? Because that's what Tim and Amy have done for so many of us and for others.
They had one of the most beautiful ceremonies I have ever seen. There was a whole lot of "good crying" going on. And that was very moving for me to see as I have similar emotions about being engaged to Karena. Their reception went on without a hitch, although there were definitely many people who helped make that happen. And their reception was in the beautiful confines of the Long Beach Hyatt that overlooks the Queen Mary. It was beautiful ... and the prime rib was delicious. But having so many Chinese people (and older ones at that) caused the dance floor to almost go unnoticed. But there was some unbelieveable comedy (you'll have to ask me about this one in person) and overall, everyone had a good time celebrating.
But, as always, after one very good day comes a day of work. So here I was, dragging my behind to work bright and early this morning, but still thinking good thoughts about the night before.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]