Friday, August 09, 2002

THOUGHTS ON MY UPCOMING WEDDING
Okay, I really wasn't going to share this story, but I changed my mind. I'm putting this out there so you guys keep me accountable.
Most of you know I'm pretty laid back and would rather just sit back and watch some TV versus doing something strenuous. Sound lazy? Yeah, I guess.
But a few weeks ago, Karena was over at my apartment and she was very excited to discuss our upcoming wedding. All she wanted to do was discuss so0me of the churches she had been looking at and talk about some possibilities for banquet places. I mean, after all, this is our wedding, and nobody should want to talk about it more than us, right?
Well, at the same time, I was flipping through the channels and landed on Adam Sandler's beloved cult classic "Happy Gilmore." And it was on my favorite scene too where he fights Bob Barker of "The Price is Right" by saying, "The price is WRONG, Bob!!!" And for some reason, all I wanted to do was watch that scene and a few snipets of the movie. But Karena still wanted to talk about the wedding.
Afterward, I felt really bad. And after seeing Debbie and Jason and Tim and Amy get married these past few weekends, I have to admit that the idea of me getting married is starting to sink in. And I am getting VERY excited.
Besides, I want to be a great husband to Karena because she I love her and she deserves it.
But a good husband can still enjoy a little Happy Gilmore now and again, right?
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]