Friday, August 23, 2002

A TALE OF TWO FAMILIES
I've said this from the get-go: It's very difficult (and I'd imagine nearly impossible) for the families of the bride and the groom to suddenly get to know each other well and become one family. See, when a guy and girl get married, it's not just them who get joined together, but their families as well. And this process is just made more difficult because the two sides are forced to get to know each other during a time when the topic of conversation is dominated by money, time, respect in terms of planning for the wedding. And this fact worried me greatly. Could the Shens and the Lees get to know each other well enough in time for everyone to feel comfortable and happy with us getting married? Would the Lees welcome me (and all my Shen traditions) into their family with open arms and vice versa?
Well, all my fears were laid aside this week. I spent this past Monday completely alone with Karena's mom and everything went great. We were able to converse and she was very sweet and genuine towards me. This made me feel much more comfortable around her and put my mind at ease. And just yesterday, she put all my fears to rest when she, out of her own free will, called my dad just to check on him (He had a nasty fall off a ladder last week). Now, that type of care and concern sounds an awful lot like true family to me.
And I couldn't be more happy and excited about it!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]