Tuesday, August 06, 2002

SO LONG, CHICK
I'm not sure why this happened, but I became very emotional when I heard about the passing of Chick Hearn yesterday. Maybe it was because I was wearing my Nike "Basketball" shirt. Maybe it was because I happened to be driving by Staples Center when I heard. But, I started crying the minute I heard the news.
He was the man who helped me become a Laker fan. He was the man who bridged the gap between my father's Lakers and my Lakers and now to the Lakers of today. I invited him into my living room so many times over the course of so many seasons that it will be weird to no longer hear him calling yet another Laker championship.
It's true I have never met the guy. In fact, I have only seen him in person a few times. But I feel like I lost a friend today. Chick, you will be sorely missed. But I know you are in His good hands.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]