Saturday, August 17, 2002

SAY NO TO UVAS ... OR AT LEAST WHAT'S ON THEM
While buying grapes Thursday night at the Vons by my apartment, I suddenly realized that I should have gotten myself a cart or at least one of those baskets. But I figured, I was strong enough and resourceful enough to carry 4 bags of grapes and two juices in my arms. So, I picked them all up and nestled them between my arms and my body and headed to the checkout stand. After I had put them all down on the conveyor belt, I suddenly saw two thin, black insect legs come up from the underside of the bag. Then, two more. And before I knew it, a HUGE black widow spider was there.
I freaked out and flung the bag to the floor by the checkout magazines. That thing could have killed me! I was freaked out so I payed as fast as I could and ran to my car. Once I got home, I checked all the bags of grapes for other spiders. In retrospect, I guess I should have told someone at Vons about the spider.
So, if you hear of about someone who died at the Vons on National because of a spider bite, you know who to blame.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]