Saturday, August 31, 2002

THE PRESIDENCY
Only a few of you know this, but I have a great fascination with the office of the President of the United States. No, I don't have a thing for Bush or anything, I just love studying about presidents and I love hearing about the office that they hold. I think this comes from my junior year in high school where my U.S. History teacher Mr. Lebow made us memorize all the presidents, their parties, and the years they were elected. To this day, I can still name all the presidents in order and the year they were elected (I've forgotten most of the political parties they ran under).
Anyway, since then, I've tried to put myself in those same shoes. No, I'm not looking to end my PT career for the political arena. But I consider my role in Koinonia similar to being the president (with a very strong Congress and judicial system!). And with my upcoming marriage, I also see that as being the president of our relationship in a way since I will be the spiritual leader and the man of the household. Does this scare me? A bit, but I am ready and willing to accept the challenge of being president in these two arenas.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]