Tuesday, August 13, 2002

PEDESTRIAN ETIQUETTE
One reason why it takes me so long to get home after work is because of all the pedestrian traffic in Westwood. I mean, it usually takes me about 10 minutes just to get out of that area! And while I'm waiting for people to walk through the crosswalk so I can make my turn, I often find myself thinking about two things:
1. I think it's California law that you're not technically supposed to make your turn until all pedestrians are completely off the crosswalk. That means, even though they're past the area you're going to be turning into, you still can't go until they're on the sidewalk. Now, how ridiculous is that? If everyone in California did that, we'd still be trying to get home right now!
2. My dad used to always tell me that when a car is waiting for me to walk through a crosswalk, I should always walk quickly. That way, the car doesn't have to wait too long. He always hated it when people would purposely walk slowly just so you had to look at him and wait ... and wait ... and wait. It's as if he were saying, "Everyone look at me. I'm so cool I can stop traffic. And I'm going to take my time because I'm the man." My dad made sure I never came off that way to other people. So, if you ever watch me walk through a crosswalk, I'm usually doing it pretty quickly.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]