Wednesday, August 14, 2002

GETTING OLDER
I have to admit that I am a little excited about getting older. I know that means there will be new challenges for me and that life probably will be more complicated. But I think I'm ready for the trials that lie ahead.
What I am NOT ready for is for my parents and other family members to get older. I just can't bear to think that one day my dad's health will fail him or that my mom will one day fall and hurt herself.
But I guess that's why I give both my parents such a hard time about eating right, exercising, and doing whatever they can NOW so they can enjoy their golden years. And isn't it weird that after all these years of them telling me what to do, I now get to do the same to them. How ironic.
But I do hope that they listen, for their sake ... and mine.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]