Monday, August 12, 2002

CALLING IN SICK
After a busy weekend complete with bridesmaid dress shopping, planting 70 plants, two large family dinners, and a get-together at Jesse's to celebrate his birthday, I was feeling pretty tired. That, plus the combination of my ongoing headaches and now a sore throat, led me to call in sick for the first time ever.
But it was not an easy decision. After all, I am a guy who had perfect attendance all through intermediate school and high school. And in college, I think I missed a total of about 5 classes during the four years I was at UCLA and only 1 class during PT school (to go to the 2000 Lakers victory parade) . So, it's really not like me to call in sick or not show up. In fact, I feel that's one of my greatest areas of strength. If you need or expect me to be there, I'll be there.
But I really just feel all around crappy today so I think I made the right decision. And what have done with my day so far? Well, I watched some TV, vaccuumed (I have no idea how to really spell that word) my apartment and threw out a bunch of stuff, and will probably take a nap after writing this.
Hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow and get back on track.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]