Wednesday, August 21, 2002

BEING "ON"
There are a few phrases I use to describe the state I'm in when I really feel good and am ready to do some real good work. For the last five years or so, I would also consider myself "on fire" during these times. That meant, I was ready getting things done, taking care of business, and doing it all very efficiently.
But lately, my new phrase is just "I'm on!" Like a light switch, I'm either on or off. But when I'm on, I'm really speaking fluently, doing all my work very thoroughly, and doing a good job too. It's an amazing feeling to "be on." You can tell when I'm on. That's when I say things that are intelligent, witty, and beneficial to the listener. When I'm "off" I'm just tired and I get quiet when I talk.
But now, I find that I have to pretty much be "on" all the time. I mean, whether I'm sitting there with Karena planning our wedding, or at work with patients, or in Koinonia, I pretty have to know what I'm talking about at all times. But that's no easy task. But I'm learning to just keep my light switch in the "on" position at all times.

Celebrity sighting: Stevie Wonder!!
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]