Thursday, July 04, 2002

YOUTH CAMP BONDING
I'm not quite sure what it is, but I was feeling a little down over people who were regular attenders of CEFC but now are either going to another church or not at all. I have to admit that, out of nowhere, I suddenly missed seeing Simon, Luong, Dennis, Greg, etc. around.
With that in mind, I drove Karena to church so she could go to Youth Camp. One of the highlights of summer for me was the time right before we left for Youth Camp. There was always this buzz in the air about the exciting things that were going to happen that weekend. Plus, we always ended up forming that long assembly line to load all the stuff onto the buses. Obviously, this never was the fastest or most efficient way of doing it because the kids would all cram too close to each other and/or end up dropping a lot of stuff out of bags or having difficult lifting the heavy ones. But this was a sure sign of solidarity and teamwork that I think immediately brought the group together.
So, I was still feeling bummed about the past, I looked straight into the future ... kids laughing, helping out, and passing those bags down to the next person. Sure, they dropped a bunch of them. Sure, they probably spent more time messing around than actually passing them. But they worked together with passion and without complaint.
The future looks bright.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]