Tuesday, July 30, 2002

UPDATE ON MY GRANDMOTHER
I know I haven't filled you guys in about my grandmother in a while, but here it is. She is doing MUCH, MUCH better. She is now in acute rehab where she gets 3 hours of therapy including physical and occupational. I was with her for one of her sessions of OT and PT. At first, I just sat there translating, but then I couldn't help but think to myself, "Hmm, why doesn't this PT do this with her? Or that? But I bit my tongue and held back from saying anything because I know the PT must have been nervous being all alone in this huge gym with just me and my grandmother. She must have known what I was thinking, but was nice about it. Besides, if the roles were reversed, I'd probably want her to keep quiet too.
Anyway, my grandmother is able to walk about 100 ft with a front wheeled walker and perform various balance exercises and coordination tests with assistance. She was also able to take a shower for the first time since being admitted to the hospital over a month ago. She was VERY excited about that! Overall, she looks pretty good and the word is that she will probably be discharged from the hospital in 3 weeks or so. Sure, we'll probably have to hire a 24 hour caregiver to assist her with everything, but she will at least get to be at home.
Isn't that amazing? Discharged from the hospital! I mean, it wasn't too long ago that the entire family assembled outside her hospital room at 4 am to possibly say our final words to her.
Prayer is definitely powerful.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]