Tuesday, July 16, 2002

TEACHING
I don't know how many people know this, but as a kid, I always wanted to be a teacher. I really did think I was going to grow up to be an elementary school teacher. But things didn't turn out that way. And instead, I became a PT. But even a big part of PT involves educating patients and families. So in a way, I'm still a teacher.
But I think I'm quickly losing my love for teaching. I find myself shying away from opportunities or at least getting nervous about them. For example, I'm scheduled to speak in Alpha this Friday. This has led me to feel both excited and very nervous. Maybe it's just because I'm procrastinating. But I think I just don't feel like I'm a good enough teacher to get people to understand and disgest what I'm trying to tell them. The same thing is happening at work because I'm scheduled to have two PT students work with me for 6 weeks and 8 weeks. But I'm afraid I won't be able to communicate appropriately all the things I want them to learn.
Hopefully, I'll get over my little fear of teaching and trust that I can be used as His instrument.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]