Tuesday, July 23, 2002

TALKIN' 'BOUT MY GENERATION
Sure this is a rash generalization, but I'm just talkin' about my generation as a whole.
I'm tired of us. It bothers me that we're so spoiled. We have it so easy in comparison our parents. I mean, my dad came to this country with less than $200 in his pocket and was able to build a successful life here. And not only that, but he helped bring my grandparents over too!
What did I ever do? All I do is ask, ask, ask. Can I have some money? When will you buy me a new car? Why can't you help me NOW?
When will my generation (me included) grow up and realize there are more important things than not being able to get cell phone calls because of bad reception. Or not being able to drive the nicest car or go to the fanciest restaurants. We owe our parents so much -- and not just financially.
I wish I had enough money so I could get my life started without having to rely on them. But I can't see that happening.
If only weddings and houses didn't cost so much ...
Thank God for parents. They teach us about the past, the present, and help mold our futures.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]