Saturday, July 27, 2002

SOMETHING I'LL NEVER FORGET
At the risk of sounding cheesy, I have to say last night I experienced something I'll never forget. No, it didn't happen while rehearsing for Jason and Debbie's wedding. And it didn't happen at the rehearsal dinner either. It happened after all the camera bulbs had already gone off and all the people had gone home for the evening.
Mike, Andrew, and I had the privilege of spending Jason's last night as a bachelor with him at his apartment. Should we play video games? Should we eat some more? No, we did what most 20-something guys would NOT have done on a night like that: we just sat around and chatted. We talked about the wedding, the details, the preparations, and most importantly, the marriage. Jason, of course, was his usual self: very relaxed and calm.
He was ready. Ready to marry his sweetheart. Ready to face the challenges. Ready to enjoy the good times ahead. Ready for whatever was to come next.
I have never been more proud of Jason. And I never learned more about him or from him than I did last night.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]