Saturday, July 13, 2002

SANTA BARBARA (CONT'D)
I know I haven't written in a few days because ... well, what else is there to say? Now that Karena and I have been able to tell some people (and the CEFC grapevine/rumor mill is in full effect) I can fully let the cat out of the bag: Karena and I got engaged last Tuesday. Needless to say, it has been pure excitement and joy since then. And I have to say that we have definitely been feeling the love from everyone. We've seen such a great response from people once they hear the news that we have both been very touched.
Anyway, if you haven't yet heard the story, here it is (well, my side of it anyway):
We went to Santa Barbara for the day and ended up hanging out by the beach. We ended up sitting on a bench in a park that overlooks the beach. I brought out my guitar and played her a song I had written for her a while back. Afterward, I knelt down to put the guitar back in the case and pulled out the ring and proposed. She said yes. Now, the funny part about the whole thing is that while I was singing the song, I got really nervous and kept thinking that I had to go down onto my left knee because I had right knee surgery about four months ago and kneeling on it would really hurt. So, I kept saying to myself "left knee, left knee." So, when I turned to her to propose with the ring in hand, all I could think of was "left knee, left knee." So, I fumbled some words out and just went straight for the ones I needed to get out, "Will you marry me?"
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]