Monday, July 01, 2002

NO CRACK ON THIS BUTT
When I got to the hospital to visit my grandmother yesterday, the occupational therapist was there to apply some lotion onto her hands. Afteward, I decided to have her sit up at the edge of the bed with me. Surprisingly, she did very well, although she is unable to sit up on her own. I was so excited, I sat down in a chair in front of her and had her doing some activities to promote weight bearing on her legs and arms. This got me a little sweaty so my aunt wiped my foreheard with a Kleenex. "That's okay. I'm not five years old anymore," I said. Anyway, everything went great with my grandmother... until I got her back into bed.
I got up to help pull her up and my aunt yells out, "Look! The chair has lotion all over it. And look at your pants and shirt. It's got lotion everywhere! See you ARE still a five year old!!!"
I was so embarassed, but we all had a good laugh.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]