Monday, July 08, 2002

COUPON CUTTING
I have to admit that one of my favorite things to do on Sundays is tear open the Sunday newspaper and go straight to the coupons. I love cutting coupons. Enoch and Eunice got me into it back when I was a UCLA. Back then, it was a necessity to keep the cost of food down for us poor college kids. But now, it's still a good thing to save money, but I also enjoy getting the best deals.
For example, today I went to Vons (because it's closer and because they double your coupons). I usually try to have my total savings be greater than 50% of my total. And that is NOT easy to do unless you maximize the sale items and your coupons together. But today, I did better still. I spent $12.24 on groceries that should have costed me $33.34. Basically, I saved $21.10 or 63%.
This receipt is going straight on my refrigerator door.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]