Friday, July 05, 2002

BBQ AND FIREWORKS
What would the Fourth of July be without some good ol' American barbeque? Well, that's just what my family had yesterday. And for the first time ever for a family BBQ, I was completely put in charge of the grill. And I quote the great words of Uncle Ben in Spider Man when he said, "With great power comes great responsbility." So, I made sure to be get everything set up early so most of the food would be done by the time it was time to eat. And after all that careful planning, it still took me forever because there was a lot of chicken to cook. Next time, I'm going to nuke 'em all first so they don't take as long to cook. And it's a real good thing I have a license to practice PT because I am a terrible burger flipper. I suck at it. Thank God I don't have to work at McDonald's for a living. I'd get fired on my first day!
Afterward, we all sat down on fold-out chairs on our driveway to watch us light up some fireworks. It's always pretty nice on our hill because we live on a cul-de-sac. There are usually no cars to mess us up and everyone in the neighborhood comes out so we can see a bunch of fireworks for free. Anyway, we bought the "49er" this year (so called because it cost $49, but we had a $10 off coupon). I have to say I'm pretty disappointed in today's fireworks because they aren't very creative and all pretty much do the same thing. Plus, they're so expensive that I'm starting to wonder if they're even worth it anymore. Next year, I think we'll just put out our fold-out chairs and look at everyone else's fireworks ... and think about all the money we saved!
Man, I'm so Montebello.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]