Wednesday, June 05, 2002

RUN-IN WITH JACK CLARK'S FIANCE
While doing an evaluation on a patient yesterday, I asked, as I always do, about her home situation. "Okay, you said you live in an apartment with your fiance, right? And is he there all the time or just part-time?" "Well, he's on a road trip right now." Road trip? Immediately, images of some beer-guzzling guy yelling with his buddies: ROAD TRIPPPPPP!!!!! But I went ahead and asked anyway, "What do you mean by 'He's on a road trip?'" "Of, my fiance works for the Dodgers."
Now, here I go thinking it's gotta be some errand boy or some public relations guy who is just lucky enough to travel with the team on occasion. But she quickly set me straight: "He's their hitting coach."
"Jack Clark is your fiance? The same Jack Clark who played for years with the Giants and Cardinals and now instructs every Dodger on the proper mechanics of hitting?"
Needless to say, I was impressed. But then she took it a step farther by saying, "Yeah, and I've had a few of the Dodgers call me to check in on me. Brian Jordan, Shawn Green, and some of the other guys just called too. They're really sweet guys."
It's always nice to know that the baseball team you cheer for and the baseball team that is currently in first place in their division is filled with nice guys.
I guess, sometimes, nice guys finish first.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]