Tuesday, June 04, 2002

PASTOR RICH'S BANQUET
After the wedding, I spent some more time moving around heavy equipment while all decked out in my nice suit. This time, Nathan Yu and I had to move a bunch of sound equipment into our cars to take over for the banquet. All that heavy lifting up and down stairs didn't help my knee at all. In fact, it got pretty achy and stayed that way all night. But that was the least of my concerns because I was so darn hot too. We got there early to set up and made sure to turn the A/C way up. The prime rib they served was good, but the salad was nasty. Plus their service was terrible. We kept having to remind them to serve the bride and groom's family first and to bring more utensils and more plates of food, etc. They acted as if they've never served food before in their entire lives.
I ended up having a great time being the MC/DJ. At first, I was a little disheartened to find out Pastor Rich wanted practically everything I said to be scripted by him. I mean, I couldn't ever call her Connie Chung!!! That's a free joke right there. Sure, it's cheesy, but you know I have no shame. Anyway, everything went perfectly and I didn't mess up on the music and ended up getting a few courtesy laughs here and there and even made a shamless plug for Montebello.
But the highlight of the evening definitely had to be after it was all over and Marvin and Lisa's baby daughter Erin wanted to dance and started pulling people onto the dance floor one at a time to dance with them. First, she took Jason's hand and sent him out there to do some kind of rump-shaking move that practically left me rolling on the floor. Next, she grabbed my hand and I started to swing my legs over her. The crowd began calling out for me to do "The Worm," but Karena made me retire that move years ago. Besides, it just wouldn't be half as good on a bum knee. But suddenly, Eric dropped to the floor on her stomach and looked like she wanted to try it. It was hilarious as I almost got tempted to do it one last time. But I resisted. Definitely, good times were in the air.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]