Monday, June 03, 2002

AN OPEN LETTER TO THE LAKERS AND THEIR FANS

Dear Los Angeles Lakers Organization and its fans:

I am sorry. I apologize for doubting you when you were down. I'm ashamed to have momentarily lost faith in my team when the going got tough. Did I lose hope in Game 7 against Portland in 2000? No. Did I flinch when they lost Game 1 of the NBA Finals against Philly? Hardly. So why this year? It shouldn't have happened. And for that I am deeply sorry.
You are the team that is laying a solid foundation for a dynasty. What Shaq and Kobe have made, let no man (or Kidd) break apart.
See you outside Staples in a few weeks for the victory parade. I'll be the one of the first to arrive and cheering the loudest because I have sinned, asked forgiveness, and have learned my lesson.
And to my fellow fans who have given a hard time, thanks for showing me the Wai (and Luong and Nathan too).
I can honestly say that I have NEVER EVER been happier to eat my words than I felt last night after our 112-106 victory.

Sincerely,
Victor Shen



Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]