Tuesday, June 25, 2002

MOURNING? NO, JUST MORNING
Our family was dealt a bit of bad news as my grandmother's health worsened yesterday. There was a possibility that emergency surgery would need to be performed this morning at 7:30 am if her medication did not sufficiently help improve her status.
With that in mind, the family got together at the hospital bright and early (well, come to think of it, it wasn't even "bright" yet) at around 4am. I got to spend a little time with my grandmother, but mostly sat outside with my family awaiting the doctor's arrival. The time was strange -- complete with bags under all our eyes, nervous laughter at times, somber remarks, a conversation about the Lakers, etc.
But in the end, there would be no mourning ... only morning. The sun rose, the doctor arrived, and my grandmother's health had indeed improved enough to warrant at least another day. No surgery today.
And with that bit of good news, my entire family felt much more relived as some of them, including myself, returned to their normally scheduled programming (aka work). And let's just say that working on three hours' sleep is no fun at all. But I wouldn't have traded that time spent this morning for the entire world.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]