Monday, June 10, 2002

MEETINGS AND COMMITTEES
I have to admit that I hate meetings. Sure, I've served on numerous committees at church. And sure, most of the time, the meetings are very productive and involve some interesting discussions. But that doens't change the fact that I dislike spending my entire Sunday afternoon stuck in a room. In fact, I had to leave early from this past Sunday's meeting to help my brother pack things up and drive him to the airport.
So, why serve on committees at all? This is the question someone proposed to me yesterday. I thought long and hard about this one. The truth is that I care too much about CEFC and about Koinonia to let it be a sinking ship like it was about three years ago. I can't bear to watch our church and our fellowship group fall away into oblivion because I've seen way too many people work too hard to keep it going during good and bad times. And if I can give some input to help keep our ministries thriving, I'm going to do it ... no matter if it costs me all my Sunday afternoons.
Well, okay, maybe not all my Sunday afternoons. How about just some of them? ;)
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]