Monday, June 17, 2002

FATHER'S DAY/MOM'S BIRTHDAY
It was a pretty eventful Sunday, with it being Father's Day and my mother's birthday (and Tyrone's too!). Anyway, so with all the celebrating going on, you would think we would get all the family together to go to some really nice Chinese restaurant, right? Wrong.
Instead, my family recently started going to some "mom-and-pop" "hole-in-the-wall" type of place on San Gabriel. This place has no air conditioning and isn't all that clean inside. So, there we were, sitting on our dirty seats (one of which still had all kinds of food stuck on it) and sweating like pigs because it was so hot in there. But I'll have to admit that the food is decent. But here's the worst part. They make this huge pot of soup that there is no way our entire family of about 15 people can even finish. So you what my loving, especially Chinese family does? We bring in our own pot from home and take the soup with it. My dad has no shame as he bring in our huge pot and transfers the soup into it. In fact, I think he's proud to do it. Jonathan joked and yelled, "We shouldn't be embarassed. Instead, we should shout it out so the whole restaurant can hear: We are saving food!!!" The truth was, he was probably the most embarassed of all.
But it was all good and afterward was even better because we went back to our house and had strawberry cake, mango cake, and Karena was very generous to give my parents Porto's carrot cake. Needless to say, I think I ate more dessert than food from dinner.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]