Sunday, June 30, 2002

THE BLOCKBUSTER CARD
During the time after my knee surgery when I was at home all day and unable to work, my co-workers got me a $10 Blockbuster card so I could go rent myself some movies. I never did get around to using it but I was excited to use it now because they have their "Buy 2 Pre-viewed movies, get 1 free" deal. So, Karena and I went last night. There was a huge stack of movies so we had to thumb through them all and decide on three movies to get. And as it turned out, this was no easy task.
The only movies they have now that I really like are Ocean's Eleven, Training Day, and maybe The One (although I haven't seen it; I liked the previews). But I already own my uncle's bootleg version of Ocean's Eleven so that was out and didn't really want to spend $10 to get The One because I really liked Romeo Must Die better. Anyway, so I picked up Training Day and we spent the next half an hour looking through all the B-list movies they have there:
Glitter, Sweethearts, Jurassic Park III, Rock Star, The Mummy, Big Momma's House, Saving Grace, Black Knight, The Cell
I mean, there were so many bad movies, I thought I was back watching movies at the Monterey Park Edwards back when they made tickets just $1!!
Anyway, we finally settled on Harry Potter (Karena's new favorite) and Bridget Jones' Diary (Karena's other fav that I didn't find funny at all). But to my dismay, when I got home, I opened up Training Day and discovered the tape was all crinkled up inside.
This is the last time I ever buy anything from Blockbuster and this is the last time I ever buy VHS.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]