Thursday, June 06, 2002

A BEAUTIFUL THING
I was lucky enough to have Wednesday off so I made sure to treat myself. First, I got all my errands taken care of like washing my car, going to the bank, paying the bills, etc. I had a chance to watch some TV including The Cosby Show, Saved by the Bell, Martha Stewart, The Price is Right, etc. I also got to have lunch while watching the U2 Elevation Tour DVD with the sound way up. And to top it off, I took about a two and a half hour nap and woke up feeling great, just in time for the Lakers game.
While driving back to my apartment during halftime, I drove right past Staples Center and saw a beautiful thing. The sun was setting, the GoodYear blimp was hovering over the Arena of the Year, Home of the Champs. The smog created the most beautiful sunset with the most beautiful purple and gold colors I have ever seen. And at that point, I could have cried. It was so beautiful to see the purple and gold in the sky and all around Staples Center, knowing the Lakers were about to inch another step closer to their first ever Three-Peat.
And that image (along with the much-needed nap) paved the way for a great day today.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]