Sunday, June 09, 2002

BBQ
After getting up way too early for work Saturday morning and enduring a pretty busy day at that, I was happy to head home for a family BBQ. Raymond, who came home this weekend, was already manning the grill. The pool was heated and ready to go. The sky was blue. It was perfect.
Too bad we sat up all the tables and chairs outside, but my the time all my family showed, it was too cold to eat outside. So there we were, bringing in all those tables and chairs we spent so long setting up. But the food was great - salmon, burgers, sausages, chicken, Korean BBQ ribs, steaks, grilled peppers, potato salad, and of course, Marie Callenders strawberry pie (because it's on sale this month).
Afterward, we all gathered around the TV to watch "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone." (Wow, sorcerer is really a hard word to spell!) Anyway, I was pleasantly surprised by it, although it did think it dragged in some places. In fact, it dragged so much, I fell asleep for a little while and apparently was snoring away. Karena fell asleep too, but she also really enjoyed it. Meanwhile, my cousins, aunts, uncles, and grandparents were all heading out the door. And that meant, I could bust out my new Best of Saturday Night Live to watch some highlights of Chris Farley ("You'll be livin' in a van down by the river!"), Mike Myers ("Wayne's World! Party Time! Excellent!"), Dana Carvey("Well isn't that special?"), and Chris Rock (Def Comedy's Jam's Magic Show:Do you BEEP think I can BEEP pull a BEEP rabbit outta 'dis BEEP hat?") I'm not sure why, but I find some of those so funny.
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]